Tuesday 28 December 2010

Background & Rules

I have been playing poker for five years now and have built up a bankroll of $17000 playing mainly sit n gos on Betfred(I-Poker), Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Cake. I am a good player but imperfect, affected by variance and playing out of habit sometimes rather than fully focused. This blog is to help with my focus. I play around 10-15 hours a week usually in the hour or two before I go to bed and tend to have no more than six tables on the go at once. I make around $4/$5 an hour which I will need to improve upon a little to complete my challenge.

The I-Poker Jackpot games are great fun and full of poor players looking for a big win. This helps to compensate for the double fees (which covers the jackpot and consolation bonuses).Here are the official rules:

Betfred Poker will pay a $15,000 Jackpot Prize + progressive amount (if applicable) to the winner of five consecutive $5 + $1 “Maui – Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go” tournaments. Betfred Poker will also award a $200 prize to a player who finished in either 1st or 2nd place in five consecutive –“Maui Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go” tournaments.

The plan would be for me to win five of the Jackpot consolation bonuses($1000) along the way. I have won three before. Given that, I need to generate $1 per game to hit my target. The big win is a more difficult challenge!

No comments: