Wednesday 7 September 2011

Hand History 5

A tricky spot six-handed at the 100/200 level where aggression ultimately wins the day. With A4 suited in the big blind I am resigned to folding any raise or shove. However when Siciliano25 calls in the cut off I am ready to go all in. In this spot he often has a hand like KJ or QJ. Not enough for some people to go all in with but they want to see a flop. Often when I go all in here he folds and if he calls I am slightly ahead. Occasionally this would be a trap from a big hand. However when the small blind joins in I have to rethink. Shoving now gives both the two others better odds to call so I check and take the flop which generously gives me the nut flush draw. When the small blind bets out the minimum I have only one intension, getting all my chips in. This gives me plenty of ways to win and sticks with my aggresive late style where I am hoping to double up prior to the bubble. Siciliano25 (my view on his hand holding looking correct) gets out of the way and the small blind calls with a worse flush draw. The flush hits, I become chip leader and go on to win the game. Its easy when you are running good.
 
 
 
saw flop | saw showdown

Button martyme1 (1345)
SB masha1981 (2610)
BB Kartajana (1450)
UTG lubeis4wimps (2432.50)
MP WilliamJK (990)
CO SICILIANO25 (1172.50)

Preflop: Kartajana is BB with A 4
2 folds, SICILIANO25 calls 200, 1 fold, masha1981 calls 100, Kartajana checks.

Flop (600) T 3 8
masha1981 bets 200, Kartajana raises to 1250, 1 fold, masha1981 calls 1050.

Turn (3100) 3

River (3100) K

masha1981 shows 9 6
Kartajana shows A 4

Kartajana wins 3100 with Flush (Spades) with Ace high
 
I quite like how these hand histories are represented but I think there is probably a better option (perhaps more graphical out there) which I will try out if I can source a good one. Also sometimes the positional data gets mixed up. If anyone knows a good I-Poker hand converter let me know via e-mail or post a comment. Thanks.

Meanwhile please vote in my latest survey. I am really hoping Sam Holden can put together a strong run for the big prize but being short stack is a significant obstacle. I wish I had that problem though!

No comments: