Wednesday 16 February 2011

300

With "300" games played I thought I would reflect on my performance to date and draw some comparison between my Maui challenge and one of my favourite films. In the film 300, if you have not seen it, the great Spartan King Leonidas and 300 loyal Spartan warriors take on the mighty Persian army of Xerxes to protect their land from invasion. Certainly I am constantly in a battle. In terms of winning the ultimate jackpot one which has the odds stacked heavily against me. The most relevant link though is that of having an honourable death and of having no fear of death. In poker terms I am only happy with my exit from a sit n go if it happens the right way, whilst at the same time never being afraid to risk my tournament life in the right circumstances. For example an honourable exit early in a sit n go might be pushing all in on a Queen high flop with Kings only to be called by Queen Jack who hits two-pair on the river. Any time you get your chips all in with an opponent as a significant favourite honour is served whatever the poker gods do from that point.
 
Kartajana         300$1.32  $5  22%$395  -N/AiPokerYear2011 SNG Only x
 

 My good run continues, Jackpot near misses aside. Hopefully, Leonidas would be proud.

No comments: