Friday 11 February 2011

First consolation win is no consolation!

Dramatic events unfolded this week with my Maui challenge as good progress continues. An innocent looking second place to end to my Monday night session was followed on Tuesday by a set of four games in which all four were wins. It is important for me to note here that the last of these involved an outrageous amount of luck for me to win. Great I have guaranteed myself a consolation win of $200, one of the five I have targeted for the year. Now I just have to play a $5 poker game for $40,500! (the Jackpot bonus for five wins having rolled over to this amount from its starting point of $15,000). I have been in this position three times previously with Jackpot bonuses, twice coming close to $25000 and $45000 respectively. I was ready, confident and determined to have no regrets. My wife confident in me (in fact very supportive) and determined to have a new car! Forty-five minutes later with three players left I had more than half the chips, the blinds were high and I was sat in the big blind with a pair of jacks! Please someone push all in! They did and my Jackpot dream began to unravel..........................

See my next post for a more detailed account of the key hands.

Maui consolation prize


Dear Jason,
Thank you for contacting Betfred Poker Support.
I am pleased to inform you that your consolation prize claim has been confirmed and the $200 has been added to your chips balance. I apologise for the delay in administering this for you.
I hope this is to your satisfaction and I wish you the best of luck at the tables.
Don't forget to vote on how you think my challenge will end.

No comments: