Wednesday 8 June 2011

$500 Freeroll Win

As part of a Betfred May sit n go promotion I qualified, along with only twenty nine others for a $1000 freeroll which was based on playing over 150 sit n gos in May. The payout structure was very top heavy which initially was a concern with only the top three getting paid. On finding myself at the final table with an average stack I needed to get lucky to be in the money. And I did. I hit a flush with an aggressive semi-bluff move against kings and more critically on the bubble won a 99 v AA battle by hitting a flush on the river. Once in the money I played really well and held my nerve to take the first prize.

 
Sit N Go Chase $1000 Freeroll 2011-06-05
 
1. Kartajana $500
2. Eviit $300
3. Zufallsgenie $200
 
Significantly I have now won nearly the same playing freerolls as I have playing the Maui games themselves. Of course without playing the Maui games I would not qualify for the freerolls. I should play the higher value ones as often as I can. This particular type of opportunity is rare but there is a weekly £1000 freeroll that attracts a couple of hundred players. I should play this game as often as possible to boost my Poker earnings. 
 
Long live the freeroll!

No comments: