Thursday 20 September 2012

Advice from Nick Wealthall 1



I recently watched a promotional training video from Nick Wealthall entitled 'Your Next Big Jump In Poker.' He is a well known poker writer, commentator and presenter and I have always liked his material and his comedic approach. Plus any friend of Liv Boeree....... I found the thirty minute video so engaging and interesting that I watched it twice and am now blogging about it. Essentially what Nick was saying is that to make the leap that you want to make in poker or to fulfil your poker ambitions you must simply make a plan and carry it out. What do you want to achieve and why? What help and knowledge do you need to make this goal a reality? What is a realistic time frame to make this happen? In short what do I need to do to reach my goal? He points out that very few people make such a plan and are worse off because of it. If you are a regular reader of this blog you will know I am big on plans so he was very much knocking on an open door with this approach. His video is linked to a new monthly coaching service he is providing which focuses on improving certain aspects of a players game and thus removing barriers to success. For me the video made me really think about what I want from poker and how I am more successful when following disciplined guidelines and working on my game. It made me think I need a new plan so that I am much more likely to achieve it.
 
In part two of this post I will detail my plan and the thinking behind it. The goals part is quite easy. I want to win a Sit N Go Jackpot and have poker winnings of at least $50,000. Why is this my goal? The reason is mainly that of personal fulfilment, to achieve something I have worked at over a number of years, to feel my time playing poker has been fully successful. The money is actually a minor aspect in some ways which is interesting in itself. I really feel my goal is achievable and agree with Nick that with a more focused, structured approach it is much more likely to be attained.

No comments: