Sunday 24 March 2013

Losing My Shirt?



Some gamblers regularly risk losing their shirt. In my case recently the opposite was true when I risked nothing to win a new shirt. I won a Tottenham Hotspur replica football shirt in a recent Betfred freeroll.
 
250 players entered for the ten shirts available, first prize being signed by the current squad. Despite some internet connection trouble I was pretty much one of chip leaders throughout but around the bubble was under pressure when down to 12th of 14. Some poor play from my opponents meant I was able to make the top ten comfortably, eventually finishing seventh and securing a shirt. Occasionally I will play this type of freeroll and win a prize as opposed to cash. A few years ago I won an Ipod Nano on Beftred so they can be worthwhile.
 
Whilst I am not a Spurs fan, I am a football fan with an appreciation of the current Tottenham team and Gareth Bale in particular. So I will happily wear my new shirt this spring and summer kicking around on the park with my five year old son Jake. He is a promising young footballer himself, recently scoring all seven goals in a seven-four soccer tots win. At the moment this is a great start for every weekend for me watching him enjoy himself playing football and usually scoring lots of goals. 

No comments: