Sunday 21 July 2013

Month End Challenge


In an attempt to end July with a positive feel I am setting myself a short term poker challenge. Ten days, fifty sit n gos. What is the worst that can happen? (see below for answer). I am hoping this mini challenge will rekindle my focus, reignite my form and reverse the general direction of my bankroll. For a change I am going to play the non Jackpot sit n gos. No tight chip structure, no winning runs considerations, no double rake, no excuses. To make it a proper test I will play $10 games.

My performance so far this year has been disappointing. My recent form is also poor and I am running fairly bad I believe. More importantly both my profitable edge in poker and my enthusiasm for poker have dwindled somewhat this year. The two are definitely intertwined but I cannot see the real cause and effect. Which one is driving the other. Hopefully this mini challenge can give me some insight. I will report on my progress both financially and otherwise.

This year the number of my poker blog posts have also been in decline. This is not unconnected to the previous paragraph but I have also been focusing my energies on a new blog I have been working on. This relates to my other great passion, horse racing. More on this soon.

(Answer: In the last ten days of July I could lose fifty seven buy ins ($627). Poor play, lots of bad luck and really bad counting!)

1 comment:

0MGC1ayAiken said...

Good Luck and nice Hands during your Challenge! ;)