Friday 13 April 2012

Battle Of The Planets - Mars Conquest?




I have just concluded a block of twenty games as part of the Pokerstars Battle Of The Planets promotion. It is my best effort of the last few weeks. All twenty games were $3 nine man sit n gos. By playing at the $3 level I am automatically competing in the Mars orbit where points are earned based on your cash placings. The aim is to get a top one hundred spot over a weekly period to claim a cash bonus. High finishers also get a shot at a big prize fund sit n go against other top performers from across the buy in levels. My twenty game performance breaks down like this and includes four wins and five other cashes. Happy with that. My points total was 297.
 
 
Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter
Kartajana          20 $1.19   $3   34% $24   - N/A PokerStars 4/8/2012 4/13/2012 E9-9 SNG Only
 
 
So did I make the leaderboard? Are the other Mars competitors quaking at the sound of my name? In a word no. Not even close. You need at least 420 points to make the leaderboard which would require me to win a couple more and another cash. You need to achieve roughly twice the breakeven points of around 210. There are so many players at this level that you really need a statistical rarity to make the top positions. It has been useful though in terms of turning a lot of tournament dollars (won in my recent satellite wins) into real dollars.
 
Good luck out there......

No comments: