Saturday 7 April 2012

Omaha Omaha




Until recently Omaha to me was something Payton Manning or his brother Eli would shout prior to the snap in a NFL game. Now it is something completely different. Now I think about double suited hands, wraps, rundowns hands and drawing to the nuts.
 
Is it just me or is this Pot Limit Omaha pretty easy. It feels like that so far, though I have played only a handful of games. Is that because:
 
  • You get an extra two cards (!)
  • I am playing at the $2 level (certainly a factor)
  • I am experiencing good variance and will regret this post later (maybe)
  • I know comprehensively the rules and appropriate strategy (definitely not)
 
The real reason I feel good about Omaha is that this is still poker. A lot of the reasons I do well at No Limit Holdem transfer directly to Omaha. I have a good feel for opponents strength and weakness. I am often aggressive in my play which tends to be winning poker. I have good discipline and am not easily tilted or make huge mistakes. In sit n gos I understand ICM and bubble issues very well which again transfers to Omaha. Poker is poker and I am pretty good at it. A helpful lesson learned. How much Omaha I will play I am not sure but the experiment continues for now.

Go Colts.......

No comments: