Tuesday 9 October 2012

Poker Players Place



 
I am a member of the Poker Players Place poker forum and regularly take part in their Home Games on Pokerstars. The players are mainly UK based but not exclusively so. It is a pretty active forum and home games are held daily in the evenings UK time attracting an average field of twenty to thirty players. I rarely post on the forum (should try to get more involved really) but do tend to play once a week in the late Saturday night game. The rest of the week the start times are just too early for me, usually 8pm.
 
The games are always friendly, of a good standard and I do enjoy playing the same players. The main thing that makes this a bit different though is that the games are accompanied by a radio commentary which adds another dimension to the play. The commentators are usually playing themselves and this makes for an unusual dynamic, with plenty of colourful banter and friendly rivalry. Hearing people's reaction to your play or your hand is always interesting. This is one particular reason I would recommend joining the forum and the home games. There are lots of others though and the site has a wealth of information and items of interest.
 
This year I have had a very good record playing the Saturday Insanity game. To date I have played twenty five games, won three with six other cashes. Only a few players have a better average score in the home game rankings tables. If you do get involved, two good players to watch out for are ThierryH3 and Poor Scouser.
 
Good Luck.

1 comment:

dD said...

wheeee another PPP blogger ! its not mrT or PS you need to look out for, its that bloody big fish Res !!
notice u have no links, but I've added you to my blog roll anyhows, gl with the Jackpot quest.