Wednesday 20 July 2011

Colour Coding

As a regular player of the Maui games I do get involved in assessing the quality of my opposition. Over the last few weeks I have taken this a step further using colour coding and sharkcope data to denote three types of regular player.
 
Orange for players losing 10% or more. Poor losing players.
 
White for those in the middle not making or losing more than 10%. Competent players.
 
Blue for those making more than 10%. Good winning players.
 
This allows me to be more aware of the quality of my opposition ongoing. But what is the true value of this information given both good players and bad get aces? Does it really help in certain spots in terms of how much you respect an opponents play. Does he really have that king? On balance is a solid multi-tabler more likely to have the goods than losing player who is clearly on tilt. Do poor players bluff more? In reality players go through good and bad spells, so a good player can play poorly some weeks, and an average player can easily go on a hot streak. At the moment I would class myself as light blue at best because on the Maui games I have been only above average for the last few months. For now I am testing the worth of this information and I may report back on its worth at some point. At the very least it gives me a picture of where I am at each table. Often there will be a blue player, a couple of whites, a couple of oranges and a few unknowns. I should be making a profit at this table I believe.
Good Luck
 

No comments: