Monday 16 January 2012

Mixing It Up


Having removed the shackles of my Maui only approach I am now enjoying the freedom to play all the varied Jackpot Sit N Go games - with mixed success. Part of the problem is playing different formats at the same time. My $5 Maui game has deteriorated as I adjust to a more six man table focus. I am having some success with the new $10 Craze Jackpot which has three tables of six players (win four on the trot for $50000). The $2 Dirty Dozen is going OK. At the $20 Rio and $50 Fort Knox six man tables I am finding it tough to adjust to a structure that creates significant variance, though I am confident I can find my rhythm soon. The big problem with these games is you can lose quite a lot in one bad session. Last week I made a classic error when on the bubble of a $50 game taking on the dominant stack when playing to cash was the optimum strategy. Being used to the $5 games meant this actually hurt quite a bit. I do still get frustrated if I lose based on bad judgement. I need to keep working on both aspects of this. 1) Don't make such mistakes, 2) If you make a mistake learn from it and don't let it lead to more!
 
Over the coming weeks I plan to review each of the Jackpot Sit N Go formats in turn focusing on the rules, my previous results, my ongoing strategy and future plans.
 

No comments: