Sunday 19 February 2012

Fort Knox Jackpot Sit N Go



The Fort Knox Jackpot Games are the highest buyin with the biggest potential rewards. The format is the same as the Rios but the six players pay $50 plus $9 rake to win $150, $90 or $60. This is the game I have played the least. I am uncomfortable at this buy in level yet I have a good record albeit with a small volume. During a good spell in 2009 I won two consolation bonuses for $750 each. Combined with the results below, this is gives me by far the best rate per game and yet I do not play them much. Ultimately a bad session can easily cost £200 which is more than I am relaxed about. I have never had a shot at the main Jackpot which starts at £50,000 and often rolls up to some very big numbers. It is currently $125,000.
Kartajana  Click for details229$2.85  $50  5%$653  -N/AiPokerS50-50 SNG Only

One thing I do differently with the Fort Knox games is apply strict game selection, analysing my opponents via Sharkscope prior to signing up for a game. If two poor players are signed up I will jump in. I would also only play a couple at once when playing at this level. I have played a few games this year but my strategy is still a little off, though I am getting there slowly. Below are the opponents I played in a game I won in January.
need80kfast         7,074-$4.28  $63  -6%-$30,305  -70iPokerSNG Only x
pawn147      386-$24.14  $115  -25%-$9,316  Tilt66iPokerSNG Only x
PokerGrafter         20,838$1.08  $54  3%$22,438  -82iPokerSNG Only x
prepare4glory         88-$4.03  $15  -33%-$355  -53iPokerSNG Only x
shnores         118-$2.9  $13  1%-$342  -54iPokerSNG Only
There is a big range of talent in this game but despite one very solid regular and another experienced player there is value from the weaker players. In this game I doubled up early against Pawn147 who was playing way too loose. When I three bet his fourth consecutive opening raise we ended up all in (my AK holding on to beat his AQ). This double up set me up for the win. The key in these games is controlled aggression. You need to be active early to get the chips off the poorer players. The use of position can be crucial here as the structure restricts ones options before too long. All in coin flips however need to be avoided until needed later on. The hardest part is playing to win when instinct often edges you towards cashing. The fear of losing must be avoided at all costs. Cashing here is fine but third only wins you $1. Regular firsts and seconds are needed to be successful.

I have the bankroll to play these games. I have a good record in them. I could win a lot by playing them....................
Time to go for gold?

No comments: