Wednesday 1 February 2012

January Blues


I did not play that well in January and lost $182. A very rare losing month for me. Sure I had some bad luck and would contend that variance overall was against me but I probably got what I deserved. The poor weather was not to blame. The main problem was I never got on top strategically of the six man game, particularly when playing the higher buy in Rio and Fort Knox games. I knew I needed to get more involved with medium hands during the early levels but found this alien to my entrenched tight early Maui tactic. Whilst I have enjoyed the freedom to play a more varied set of sit n gos this has not helped my bottom line. A more structured approach is definately the answer. To counteract my Betfred losses I won $43 in freeroll cashes and received around $70 in rakeback. Meanwhile on Pokerstars I mad a small profit mainly playing the 45 man sit n gos which are my game of choice on that site.

In February I plan to focus on re-learning the six man game away from the variance induced Jackpot games. I will focus on a mini challenge of one hundred six max games at the $10 level to rebuild both my confidence and my 2012 bankroll. With more chips to start with and more levels of play I should be able to make some progress here. At the same time I will play plenty of what I know best. Maui Jackpot games on Betfred and more 45 man sit n gos on Pokerstars.

That should get things going in the right direction. Otherwise anyone for a game of chess!

No comments: